Pages

Apr 11, 2009

Fayettvile stage race cat 3

I'm a little late....

stage one. this was around a 60 mile RR.

well after staying in the RV teammate Steve got to use from his company Apache services and enjoying the awesome cooking of Ms. Gaye Koenning  of Fitness solutions And her Husband Aaron. during the race the fog was so thick you couldn't see a thing. any ways the race stayed together for the majority of it with almost no attacks. the reason for the calmness of the race was every one was waiting for the 6.6 mile TT later that afternoon. well the RR ended up with a big field sprint. I was able to get sixth place in the field sprint just one place away from a time bonus.

Stage 2

This was a fast 6.6 mile ITT.

well writing about Timetrials is very easy to get good at. I started off hard and went harder as I got closer to the finish line in the end I did a 15:23 which was a very fast time which got me 8 for the stage and 10 overall

Stage 3

another 60 mile RR on a slightly smaller loop (more laps)

well the race started out fast because now every one was racing to get the overall. I sat towards the front of the pack and I was watching Danny from San jose because he was sitting 2nd in Gc and he has been looking good all season. well several attacker's went off the front but nothing stuck. I even surged once across the peloton to chase down a break. but like I said the pack wasn't letting anything go. with about 1 mile from the finish people were getting very crazy and starting to get fidgety. with 1 k to go the was a major crash and half the pack went down. I was able to avoid the crash because I was riding at the front. I was able to get 16th in the sprint.

special thanks

I have to thank Steve with Apache for getting the team an RV to stay in and Aron and Gaye for the hospitality and food